Pages

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Masses of Tapas(es)

Current Weight:
14 stone 5 lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
1 stone 13 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
6 on Extra Easy

I'm going off plan again from Thursday morning and getting back on it next Tuesday. Courtesy of the wonderful Tesco we managed to exchange some reward vouchers for a whole weekend away in a hotel.

The longest I have been away from Squirky is 12 hours, so this will be a real test for me and her. 4 whole nights apart. If she is upset and misses me I am going to be distraught. If she doesn't need me and it transpires she doesn't need her mummy I am going to be distraught.....

The Troll regularly has weekends away with the In-Law's from Heaven so I know she will be fine. Except she has never had to share her home away from home territory (a realm within which she is a princess, can do no wrong and Nana and Grampy give her everything her heart desires) with Squirky, who will divert attention away from her.

However, children aside, I am looking forward to spending some time with my Chunky Lover as my husband, rather than as the father of our children. And sleeping. Sleeping and sleeping and sleeping.

Oh, and eating. Eating and eating and eating....

We've already booked a table at a Tapas bar, so we'll have to see how it compares to the Slimming World Tapas I made tonight:

HOT PRAWNS AND SERRANO HAM
(2 SYNS AND HALF A HEALTHY B CHOICE PER SERVING) recipe here
The original recipe used 1 tbsp exta virgin olive oil per person, but I used one between us and frylight, so I could use olive oil for the patatas bravas too.


PATATAS BRAVAS
  • 2 potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
  • 100ml passata
  • 2 tsp lazy garlic
  • Tsp each of cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper
  • Seasoning
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and frylight (OTHER HALF OF HEALTHY B CHOICE)
  • Splash of balsamic vinegar
  • Half tsp chilli flakes

HOW I DID IT:

  • Roast the potatoes in oil and frylight for 50 mins until crispy
  • Mix the rest of the ingredients into a sauce and heat gently
  • Put potatoes into a dish and drizzle with the heated sauce
MOZZARELLA STUFFED PEPPERS
  • 1 red pepper
  • 56g sun-dried tomatoes (3 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 16 olives (1 SYN PER SERVING)
  • Basil leaves
  • 42g mozzarella per person (HEALTHY B CHOICE)
HOW I DID IT

  • Cut the pepper in half and get rid of seeds
  • Spray with frylight
  • Roast for 20mins in a preheated over at gm7
  • Chop the tomatoes and olives finely amd mix with basil and seasoning
  • Layer the bottom of the pepper with the olive/tomato mix and stop with the mozzarella
  • Grill for 3 minutes until the mozzarella begins to melt then splash with balsamic and serve
I served this with a small bowl of rocket leaves

BREAKFAST: FRUIT TEA, SPAGHETTI HOOPS,AND MUSHROOM OMELETTE ; LUNCH: PASTA, SEASONING, BASIL LEAVES, ROASTED TOMATO AND PEPPER; DINNER: "MASSES OF TAPAS(ES)"; SNACKS: 2 YOGHURTS, 2 BANANAS; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND MANGO WITH TWO MULLER LIGHTS

3 comments:

  1. oooo have a fab weekend, maybe i need to start shopping at Tesco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tapas recipes. We will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete