Pages

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Mediterranean Fish Bake

Current Weight:
14 stone 4 lbs

Weight Loss since Feb 2010:
2 stone 0 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
3.5 on Extra Easy

If ever I needed a reason to diet I have one now, I have been asked to be a bridesmaid!! I've never been an adult bridesmaid, and the invitation has made my day!

I'm to be one of 7, each of us dressed in a different colour of the rainbow. I'm hoping for the bluey-purpley end of the spectrum, but to be honest I'll be happy in the orange or the yellow just to say I formed part of a human rainbow!

I have a lot of time to get skinny as the wedding isn't happening until 2014 (this bride is super organised!) but if I am to be the one that lands the yellow or orange dress I want to at least know I look thin in it!

This is my third day back on track and day i finally got round to the fish bake I have been promising myself.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • Two frozen haddock pieces
  • 400g potatoes
  • 2 onions
  • 4 tomatoes
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 4 bacon medallions
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (HEALTHY B CHOICE)
  • 14g reduced fat butter (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
HOW I DID IT:

  • Baked fish as per pack instructions
  • Sliced potatoes into discs and layered into a baking dish covered in the oil and butter - raosted for 25 minutes
  • Fried onion (in wedges) garlic and bacon until browned
  • Topped potatoes with onion, garlic bacon mix, layered with sliced tomatoes and topped with fish
  • Topped with lemon juice and slices and seasoning
  • Baked for a further 10 minutes.
BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, MULLER YOGHURT AND BLUEBERRIES, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS); LUNCH: TUNA AND MAYO ( 0.5 SYNS), SALAD LEAVES, CHEESE (HEALTHY A CHOICE) 2 BOILED EGGS, ROASTED NEW POTATOES AND 8 OLIVES (1 SYN); DINNER: "MEDITERRANEAN FISH BAKE"; SNACKS: GRAPES, BANANA; PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND TWO MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment