Pages

Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Sticky Lemon Chicken and Egg Fried Rice

Current Weight:
14 stone 6 lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
1 stone 12 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
6.75 on Extra Easy

Wednesday weigh in and it's 2lb on. Worth every last ounce.

I didn't have the girls for four blissful nights. I missed them but I didn't miss the 4am starts to the day. It has shaken me up a bit getting them back from the In-Laws from Heaven. I've lost my mojo and gotten a bit selfish. It feels odd having to think about feeding them before I can think about what I'll do for breakfast.

As I write I'm watching Squirky ignore the pile of bright flashing musical toys and aim for the roll of sticky labels I've been using for ebay parcels and attempt to tip my water bottle on the floor.

Mentally getting to grips with child care again has left little brain space for food awareness but managed to stay on track today. I am reliably informed by Jamey on Facebook that I can make a lemon sauce for chicken dishes, but I had this packet on the cupboard that needed using, and I have syns to spare so no problems in using it. I'll do the home-made version next time to do a taste test. Tonight's dinner shouldn't be hard t beat as I turned my back for a few moments and I burnt it to smithereens.


WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • Blue Dragon lemon sauce (4 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Chicken pieces
  • Boil in the bag Tilda basmati rice
  • Pak choi
  • 10g cashew nuts (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • 1tbsp honey (0.75 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Egg - beaten
  • Coriander
  • Juice and zest of a lemon

HOW I DID IT:
  • Brown the chicken with frylight
  • Add quartered pak choi and continue to fry
  • Add the crushed cashew nuts, sauce and honey and leave to cook until chicken is done
  • Meanwhile make rice as per pack instructions and use the egg to make egg fried rice (whilst rice is in pan, add egg to centre, leave for a moment until partially cooked then mix through rice)
  • Top with coriander and lemon


BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, YOGHURT AND FRUIT ; LUNCH: BAKED POTATO, CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION) TUNA, MAYO (0.5 SYNS PER SERVING); DINNER: "STICKY LEMON CHICKEN"; SNACKS: BOWL OF SUPERNOODLES - THE FLAVOURING DIDN'T SEEM TO ABSORB SO THEY WERE DISGUSTING, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE), 1 YOGHURT; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND MANGO WITH TWO MULLER LIGHTS

No comments:

Post a Comment