Pages

Sunday, 3 October 2010

Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce - Just Like Mama Blubber Used to Make

Current Weight:
14 stone 4 lbs

Weight Loss since Feb 2010:
2 stone 0 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
1.5 on Extra Easy

I have the dreaded lurgy. My eyeballs ache, my knees ache and my chest aches. When I sneeze it makes every nerve throughout my body explode. But other than that I'm great!

I made a massive batch of soup from potatoes and leek and chicken bovril. I added leftover sweetcorn and rice from The Trolls lunch. It was hearty and warm and made me feel lots better.

I kept up the hearty (and more to the point - easy) theme with dinner and I made two bigs bowls of 'Pasta Sauce - Just Like Mama Blubber Used to Make'.

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • Pasta twirls
  • Chicken peices fried in frylight
  • Red onion, chopped
  • Tsp lazy garlic
  • 1/4 tsp lazy chilli
  • Tin of chopped tomatoes
  • Tsp balsamic vinegar
  • Tsp sugar (0.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Seasoning
  • Basil - fresh leaves torn
  • Finely grated cheddar (HEALTHY A CHOICE)
HOW I DID IT:
  • Make pasta as per pack instructions
  • Fry chicken pieces in frylight for 15 minutes
  • Fry onion and garlic in pan with frylight until onion is soft
  • Add the lazy chilli, tinned tomatoes, sugar and balsamic vinegar and simmer until reduced
  • Top up with splashes of water periodically to keep it from drying to much
  • Add basil and serve
  • Top with cheese!


BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE WITH VANILLA MULLER YOGHURT AND BLUEBERRIES, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS);LUNCH: LEEK AND POTATO SOUP, WITH RICE AND SWEETCORN; DINNER: "PASTA SAUCE JUST LIKE MAMA BLUBBER USED TO MAKE"; SNACKS: 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE), LEMSIP (0.5 SYNS);PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND TWO MULLER LIGHT YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment