Pages

Thursday, 21 October 2010

Tricolore Spaghetti

Current Weight:
14 stone 6 lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
1 stone 12 lbs

Todays Syn Count:
1 on Extra Easy

I watched an episode of Kirstie Alley's Big Life yesterday. I watched it in snatches as I attended to the needs of Squirky and prevented her on many occasions from shutting the door on her fingers, from slamming the table leaf on her head and from climbing up the sofa and falling off...the list goes on. I don't remember The Troll having such a kamikaze attitude to life.

Actually, now I think about it...The Troll was this determined and curious, except she had the gumption not to actually hurt herself in the process. Something Squirky lacks a little.

Anyway, Kirstie had her first weigh in and she weighs the same as my starting weight which was 16 stone4. It was interesting to have a visual comparison to see how far I had come. She certainly looked bigger than I felt when I started to lose weight. I shall watch the rest of her journey with a vested interest.

I'm still totally on plan. Tonight my Chunky Lover has asked for a prawny pasta dish and this is what he got: Tricolore Spaghetti


WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • Tesco Finest shelled jumbo prawns defrosted
  • 150g Spaghetti
  • 2 tsps lazy garlic
  • 75g spinach
  • Lemon zest
  • Cherry tomatoes

HOW I DID IT:
  • Make pasta as per pack instructions
  • Fry garlic in frylight for a moment then add spinach and continue to fry until wilted (couple of minutes)
  • Add prawns and seasoning for two more minutes
  • Add pasta and mix through
  • Finally add lemon zest and tomatoes


BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, YOGHURT AND FRUIT, 2 CUPS OF TES WITH DASHES OF MILK (1 SYN); LUNCH:SUPERNOODLES; DINNER: "TRICOLORE SPAGHETTI"; SNACKS: HAM, GRAPES, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE), 3 YOGHURTS; PUDDING: FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND MANGO WITH TWO MULLER LIGHTS

No comments:

Post a Comment