Pages

Saturday, 27 November 2010

Spicey Prawn and Chicken Chowder

Current Weight:
14 stone 4 lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
2 stone 0 lbs

Number of Days I Stuck to Plan Since Last Weds Till This Tues:
0

Todays Syn Count:
4.4

I'd love to say that my 3 week blog-absence is simply down to the fact that we have not had internet access since the house move. I'd love to say that although my blog hasn't been updated I have of course stuck to plan and lost another 7lbs.

I'd love to say that.

But that would be a big fat lie. A lie almost as big and fat as my arse.

During the move and the ensuing weeks whilst everything settled back in to place (including getting broadband access) it felt as if normal rules just didn't apply. I've eaten like a pig, mostly takeaway and convenience foods and eating out. The Troll has been staying up late, and Squirky is still high on the thrill of having so much space to commando crawl across.

We've all gone a little bit doolally with happiness since we moved into our dream home.
This disregard for rules coupled with lack of internet (i.e no blog to keep my on straight and narrow, no online Tesco shop to help me plan, no Facebook support) meant Slimming World wasn't possible (in my mind).....

Astonishingly, despite not weighing in since 10th Nov and not sticking to the plan for a single day in three weeks, I have only managed to put on 1lb! Absolutely bizarre. I guess the move was body-magic-tastic and the new house has stairs, so perhaps I am just moving more generally?

My first Slimming World meal of December 2010 is a warm and filling Prawn and Chicken Chowder. Perfect for a snowy night, when all the family are bunged up with head coles. The chilli blows the cobwebs out a bit!

WHAT WENT INTO DINNER FOR TWO:
  • 1 pack of mini chicken fillets cut into cubes
  • 1 red onion chunkily sliced
  • 3 shallots
  • 3 small orange peppers chunkily sliced
  • Chilli flakes
  • 200ml white wine (3.4 SYNS PER PORTION)
  • 1 tin chopped tomatoes and garlic
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 2 pinches saffron dissolved in water
  • 450g prawns
  • Flat leaf parsley
  • Uncle Bens express Long Grain Rice (0.5 SYNS PER SERVING)

HOW I DID IT:
  • Brown the chicken in frylight and set aside
  • Fry onions and peppers in frylight for 10 mins on a low heat
  • Add the chicken back in with the grated garlic and chilli flakes, cook for 2 mins
  • Add wine and allow to boil for 2 mins then add tomatoes and saffron
  • Bring back to the boil then simmer for 10 mins
  • Add seasoning
  • Add prawns for a few moments and serve with rice (cooked as per pack instructions) and sprinkle with parsely
BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, YOGHURT, BLUEBERRIES; LUNCH: BAKED POTATO, TUNA, MAYO (0.5 SYNS), CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION); DINNER: "PRAWN AND CHICKEN CHOWDER"; SNACKS: HAM, GRAPES, TWO YOGHURTS, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment