Pages

Thursday, 2 December 2010

Winter's Roasted Lamb & Chunky Cut Vegetables with Mint and Almond Pesto

Current Weight:
14 stone 1 lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
2 stone 3 lbs

This Week's Loss/Gain:
3lb loss

Number of Days I Stuck to Plan This Week:
5/7

Weekly Syn Count:
26.5 across 5 Slimming World days, and hundreds on the two off plan

I managed to mess my back up by putting my socks on! I was stood balancing on one leg whilst I slipped the sock on my other foot to protect my tootsies from the 'weather event' outside when suddenly a shooting pain pierced through my right buttock and I landed in a heap on the floor.

Thankfully The Troll and Squirky were residing at 'Their Country Residence' (i.e. The In-Law's From Heaven) so I whilst I was reeling in agnony on the floor for 20 minutes trying to work out how to stand, at least I didn't have two children depending on me for breakfast.

It turns out my lower back is still weak from my two pregnancies, and although the physio didn't say it, I'm willing to bet my excess weight doesn't help.

So this week has mostly been about pelvic floor exercises...squeeze in...hold for ten...and out.....

Sticking to plan after having three weeks off has been difficult. More so because I'd got into bad habits than actually craving anything. I'd got used to grabbing a biscuit or two whenever I had a cup of tea. I've caught myself reaching for the biccie tin on more than one occasion without meaning too.

Also, I keep getting these signs......signs that I am meant to eat badly....for instance, what with all this snow we haven't had post for days, but we still get about three pizza delivery leaflets through the door everyday. Someone, somewhere is telling me to eat pizza, right?

I'm not denying myself completely though. True to my philosophy when I picked up Slimming World for the third time back in February, although I'm back on plan I'm still going to have the odd day where dieting isn't appropriate. Dieting mostly isn't appropriate around Christmas so I fully intend to have one or two days a week off right through December when we have parties or friends over. How bad am I? I hope Santa still brings my pressies.

Tonight's dinner came courtesy of this recipe. It's an 'autumn' dish but it worked just as well on a cold winter's night.

WHAT INGREDIENTS I SYNNED/CHANGED:
  • I dropped the avocado (the list of ingredients calls for avocado, which sounds weird and decided not worth the syns, but when I actually did the recipe it turns out it meant artichoke which actually would have been quite nice)
  • I used a mixed bag of pre peeled and cubed butter nut squash and sweet potato
  • I substituted the olive oil with fry light
  • I omitted the bread
  • White wine (1 SYN PER SERVING)
  • Almonds (2.25 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Mustard (0.25 SYNS PER SERVING)
  • Olive oil for pesto (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING)
(I ate two portions, so 10 syns for the day)

WHAT I ATE THIS WEEK:

THURSDAY: 2 SYNS
BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, YOGHURT, BLUEBERRIES; LUNCH: PASTA, CHEESE (HEALTHY A CHOICE), 8 OLIVES (1 SYN), BASIL LEAVES, SEASONING; DINNER: LAMB MARINATED IN TESCO PERFECT SHAKE STEAK SEASONING, MINI ROASTED POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS, GARLIC AND FRYLIGHT, PEAS, ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES; SNACKS: 2 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (1 SYN), HAM, GRAPES, TWO YOGHURTS, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT

FRIDAY: 3.5 SYNS
BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, MULLER LGHT YOGHURT, BLUEBERRIES; LUNCH: SALAD, 8 OLIVES (1 SYN), GRAPES, TUNA MAYO (0.5 SYNS) ROASTED TOMATOES, 2 BOILED EGGS; DINNER: "COWBOYS BREAKFAST" (HEALTHY A CHOICE AND 1.5 SYNS FOR 3 WEIGHT WATCHERS SAUSAGES) ; SNACKS: CHERRY MULLER LIGHT, CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS), 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND 2 CHERRY MULLER LIGHT YOGHURTS

SATURDAY: 9 SYNS
BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, YOGHURT, BLUEBERRIES; LUNCH: PASTA, CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION), BASIL LEAVES, SEASONING; DINNER: CHINESE TAKEAWAY: CHICKEN CHOWMEIN (9 SYNS), BOILED RICE, SOY SAUCE; SNACKS: APPLES AND GRAPES, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT

SUNDAY: DIDN'T COUNT SYNS- DAY OFF
BREAKFAST: CROISSANTS AND BACON, ORANGE JUICE; LUNCH: LIVER PATE, SALMON TERRINE, BUTTERED BREAD, MEATBALLS; DINNER: TWO SLICES OF PEANUT BUTTER ON TOAST; SNACKS: MALTEASERS, QUALITY STREET; PUDDING: BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE

MONDAY: DIDN'T COUNT SYNS - DAY OFF
BREAKFAST: HOT CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE MUFFIN; LUNCH: CHEESE AND HAM OMELETTE AND CHIPS, CHOCCIE MILKSHAKE; DINNER: GAME PIE, ROAST POTS AND VEG; SNACKS: NONE; PUDDING: STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING AND CREAM

TUESDAY: 2 SYNS
BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, YOGHURT, BLUEBERRIES; LUNCH: BAKED POTATOE, TUNA MAYO (0.5 SYNS), CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION); DINNER: MISO SOUP (1.5 SYNS PER SERVING); SNACKS: YOGHURT, 3 BANANAS, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT

WEDNESDAY: 10 SYNS
BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE, YOGHURT, BLUEBERRIES, 2 CUPS OF TEA WITH DASHES OF MILK (HEALTHY A CHOICE); LUNCH: HAM OMELETTE; DINNER: "WINTER'S LAMB CASSEROLE" (10 SYNS); SNACKS: TWO YOGHURTS, 2 ALPEN LIGHT BARS (HEALTHY B CHOICE); PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT

No comments:

Post a Comment