Pages

Thursday, 13 January 2011

Carvery Lamb Leg with Garlic & Rosemary and all the Trimmings

Start Weight in Feb 2010:
16 stone 4lbs

Current Weight:
14 stone 11 lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
1 stone 7 lbs

This Week's Loss/Gain:
5.5lb loss

Number of Days I Stuck to Plan This Week:
7/7

Squirky turned one last week, much to my dismay. How can my tiny baby be one already? I spent the day veering between jelly and ice cream party based happiness and nostalgia induced sobbing.

I got through it with the aid of Devils Food cake.

Once I had got over the trauma of the inevitable passage of time, my thoughts returned to dieting. The big question going through my mind is "how comes it only took 9 months of pregnancy to put on about 5 stone and yet in over a year I can't drop 2 stone?" That just seems unfair.

My focus is renewed (again!) since rejoining my local SW class last Monday. I planned a weeks worth of meals focusing on things that can be on the table within half an hour given I get home from work at 6 and the girls need to be fed, bathed and ready for bed by 7. The Troll helped out in the new routine by attempting to teach Squirky how to brush her teeth, starting her educational speech with 'First you need to spread out your teeth...'

We had an incredible Sunday roast this week. I know that normally on SW you'd pick meat with all the fat trimmed off, but sometimes it's worth spending syns to get a proper roast. I chose a family sized leg of lamb, already trussed and seasoned by the helpful people at Tesco. The whole thing was 9 syns and I ended up eating half of it by picking on left overs as well as the meat that was actually served on my plate. It still only cost 4.5 syns.

FOOD DIARY AND RECIPE OF THE WEEK!

Carvery Lamb Leg with Garlic & Rosemary and all the Trimmings

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR TWO:
  • Tesco Carvery Lamb Leg with Garlic and Rosemary, 942g (4.5 syns per serving)
  • Potatoes, sweet red peppers and leeks roasted in frylight and extra virgin olive oil (HEALTHY B OPTION)
  • Peas, sweetcorn, carrots
  • Make 142ml of gravy as per pack instructions, but then empty into a wide an and add garlic, balsamic and 30ml red wine (3.5 syns per serving) and simmer for 20 minutes

HOW I DID IT:
  • Roasted meat as per pack instructions
  • Par boiled potatoe chunks for 7 minutes and roasted in preheated oven with halved leeks and peppers for 30 mins. Spray with frylight and season with salt and garlic
  • Boil remaining veg!
  • Made gravy as per pack instructions, adding a dash of balsamic, red wine and a little bit of grated garlic
BREAKFAST: PUDDING RICE WITH BLUEBERRIES AND VANILLA YOGHURT; LUNCH: "CARVERY LEG OF LAMB";DINNER: POTATO WEDGES IN HOT BUSH TUCKER SEASONING, 1TBSP VERY LOW FAT MAYO (0.5 SYNS) AND SPRINKLED WITH MELTED CHEESE (HEALTHY A OPTION); SNACKS: CUP OF TEA WITH DASH OF MILK (0.5 SYNS);PUDDING: BLUEBERRIES AND YOGHURT

2 comments:

  1. I definitely approve of occasionally just synning the fat and eating it, it's often one of the tastiest bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it just has to be done :)

    ReplyDelete