Pages

Sunday, 6 February 2011

Rustic Sausage Pasta

Start Weight in Feb 2010:
16 stone 4lbs

Current Weight:
14 stone 9.5lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
1 stone 9 lbs

This Week's Loss/Gain:
0.5lb gain

Number of Days I Stuck to Plan This Week:
4/7

I had a little gain last week and it made me determined to stick to plan this week. I had no dates in the diary that couldn't cope with conforming with Slimming World.

I was 100% faithful to SW all the way to Friday afternoon, life ticking merrily away, the usual gripes and grumbles, but all par for the course.

Until 2pm, at which point myself and colleagues were summoned to a little office and were informed in the presence of our friendly HR representative that our services were no longer required..............( a bit of a shock given I've only been back in full time employment for three weeks!)

Slimming World kind of didn't seem all that important any more. We got outside and one of our team offered a round of hot drinks. I refused at first, but then accepted a large hot chocolate. The sugar rush seemed to help, so I carried on with the chocolate theme for the rest of the day.

3 days on, there are still tears and chocolate, but I'm hoping that redundancy *might* be the best thing to happen to our family.

A fresh start.


But who's gonna hire a fat girl......?


RECIPE OF THE WEEK

Rustic Sausage Pasta

WHAT WENT INTO IT FOR FOUR:
  • 8 Sainsbury Be Good to Yourself sausages (1 syn per portion)
  • Pasta
  • 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
  • Loads of peas
  • Red onion
  • Garlic

HOW I DID IT:
  • Fry the diced garlic, sliced onion and chunks of sausage until sausage cooked through
  • Add tomatoes and continue to heat
  • Meanwhile boil the pasta, and 5 mins before ready add the peas
  • When pasta is cooked, add to sausages and tomato and stir through

No comments:

Post a Comment