Pages

Sunday, 27 February 2011

A Working Mums Breakfast

Start Weight in Feb 2010:
16 stone 4lbs

Current Weight:
15 stone 3lbs

Weight Loss Since Feb 2010:
1 stone 1.5 lbs

This Week's Loss/Gain:
4lb gain

Number of Days I Stuck to Plan This Week:
0/7

At the risk of repeating myself - I find myself starting afresh again today! Have you heard that one before?


I haven't had a Slimming World day in at least 3 weeks and it shows.
I didn't even go to class last week. The shame.

When I weighed in tonight it turns out I now weigh more than when I started the class at the beginning of Jan!

I have many excuses for my terrible gain. Partly the emotional eating I mentioned in my last two blogs, but also My Chunky Lover and I celebrated two years of marriage this week. How better to celebrate this wondrous occasion but to use Tesco vouchers to pay for a two night hotel break in the countryside, leaving the kidlets with the In-Laws-From-Heaven.

We focused mainly on sleeping and eating. The eating was INCREDIBLE! Two amazing meals out (pork belly, tapas, white chocolate mousse....), hotels breakfasts (eggs benedict, full English, hot buttered toast) and snacking (toffee chocolate fingers, toffee apple pies, pink milk).

And now it's back to healthy eating and being a mum again. The Troll has developed a bit of an attitude. She's like a 4 year old teenager. This evening, after refusing dinner and pretending to each parent that the other had allowed her to turn the telly on, I asked her to start proving that she can be a good girl.

"Okay mummy" she said and walked the length of the room and back "Look - I didn't hit my sister!

RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Boil a handful of pudding rice until soft - pack in tupperware and hopefully it will still be vaguely warm by the time you reach work
Stir in yoghurt and a handful of previously frozen fruit - tasty filling syn free breakfast - save your healthy choices for an alpen light to dip in your tea like a biscuit later on.

3 comments:

  1. How long do you need to boil your pudding rice for? Packet instructions only give timings for rice pudding cooked in milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally about 15 mins - give it a little taste test and see when it is soft.

    Normally I leave it too long and half of it turns to sludge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling a bit better x

    ReplyDelete