Pages

Monday, 29 July 2013

Lemony Chicken Kebabs and King Prawn Salad (FREE on Extra Easy)

Start Weight in March 2013:
15 stone 2.5lbs

Current Weight:
13 stone 11.5 lbs

Weight Loss Since March 2013:
1 stone 5lbs

This Week's Loss/Gain:
2 gain

Number of Days I Stuck to Plan This Week:
4/7






This week's weigh-in marks the first in a long line of gains I predict. For the next four weeks I have events and holidays were Slimming World will just not apply. I find that if I have an occasion where I know I am going to splurge, say an evening meal, I absolutely can't stop myself from eating appallingly all day long, from the minute I get up. My Slimming World hat will not be on.

For instance, oh Saturday I was treated an Afternoon Tea. Not a lot of Slimming World friendly options there.I woke up in a 'cake' frame of mind, so all day surrounding the cream tea - when I COULD have made clever choices - I didn't. I just wasn't in the Zone.

Interestingly, the Cream Tea completely did me in, and it wasn't even all that excessive...I mean we had one once at the Ritz where the cake stand seemed to keep magically replenishing itself. But at this one, we ate a cream slice and it stayed gone. After 4 sandwich fingers, two scones, 2 and a half mini cakes and a shot glass of trifle I practically had cream coming out of my ears.

Until now, I always fancied my chances on Man VS Food, but my stamina on Saturday was pitiful.

I'm going to enjoy the next four weeks though. I lost a stone and a half this year so far, that's three shiney stickers. I'll have a mega-foody August and then back on plan again. And this time next year maybe I'll have three more stickers...or even more - what a lovely thought.

RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Lemony Chicken Kebabs and King Prawn Salad (FREE on Extra Easy)

Marinate Diced Chicken in the Juice of a Lemon, and Seasoning, then thread on kebab sticks, alternating with chunks of Peppers, Onions and Cherry Tomatoes. Grill for 15 mins or so, turning regularly (try not to burn them like I did). Fry King Prawns in Fry LIght and serve on a bed of salad. Serve with roasted Baby New Potatoes and Corn on the Cob.

I add a tablespoon of very light mayo for potato dipping

No comments:

Post a Comment